We are looking for a talented, organised Admin & Marketing Co-ordinator to provide crucial admin support for small ambitious arts charity Bothy Project and its successful trading arm Bothy Stores.
Job Title: Full-time Admin & Marketing Co-ordinator
for Bothy Project and Bothy Stores
Working Hours: 5 days a week 9am – 5.30pm
(2.5 days for Bothy Project, 2.5 days for Bothy Stores)
Location: Hybrid working, including an office in Glasgow
Deadline: Sun 4 September 2022, midnight
Interview Date: Thur 8 September 2022, location Glasgow
Who We Are
BOTHY PROJECT is a unique and independent charitable arts organisation operating in a set of rural contexts, providing creative residences in bespoke small-scale, off-grid creative residency spaces to explore creativity, landscape and living simply. We provide creative residences for practitioners in visual arts, craft & design, music, literature and performance, as well as thinkers, researchers, and people local to each bothy. Residents are able to use their residencies to explore creativity, landscape and living simply. Active in Scotland since 2011, when it was initiated by artist Bobby Niven and architect Iain MacLeod, its network currently comprises Inshriach Bothy in the Cairngorms National Park and Sweeney’s Bothy on the Isle of Eigg.
We share our activity through our public programme which sees Inshriach, Sweeney’s and Pig Rock Bothies as sentinels for communication. The public programme captures the best experience and learning generated across the residencies. This material is actively shared through talks, podcasts and posters.
Bothy Project’s trading subsidiary BOTHY STORES was set up in 2017 to retail the Artist Bothy – a bothy based on Inshriach Bothy – and products commissioned from artists, designers and makers through Bothy Project’s residency programme. Income generated by Bothy Stores is reinvested into Bothy Project providing vital unrestricted income to support creative activity.
The relationship between Bothy Project and Bothy Stores gives both organisations unique qualities – Bothy Project has a route to donated income at a scale that has impact, and Bothy Stores benefits from Bothy Project’s strong cultural recognition and social impact.
FULL-TIME ADMIN & MARKETING CO-ORDINATOR
We are looking for a talented, organised Admin & Marketing Co-ordinator to join the Bothy Project and Bothy Stores teams initially for a 9 month period, October 2022 – June 2023. This post has the potential to continue beyond June 2023 should funding allow. This role will see the successful applicant work equally with Bothy Project and Bothy Stores with a joint contract being issued.
The principal purpose of the role is to provide crucial admin and marketing support for the small ambitious arts charity Bothy Project and its successful trading arm Bothy Stores.
The structure of Bothy Project and Bothy Stores have evolved together and use a number of shared platforms such as Xero, Google G-Suite, and Mailchimp which will allow for smooth working between both organisations.
The role requirements include and may not be limited to:
- General admin for Bothy Project including enquiries for residencies, and managing call-outs.
- General admin for Bothy Stores including fielding initial enquiries about products and providing information for general enquiries, checking and generating materials in connection to the administration of sales.
- Marketing, promotion and press for both organisations
- Creating content for newsletters, press information, social media, other promotional copy and case studies, using Mailchimp.
- Publishing written and visual content on www.bothyproject.com and www.bothystores.com – which use WordPress and a bespoke CMS
- Publishing material on Social Media platforms – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other channels.
- Basic bookkeeping for both organisations using Xero.
- Event support – assist with the delivery of Bothy Project’s public programme of podcasts, talks, and posters.
- Support of the Governance structures of both Bothy Project and Bothy Stores
- Collating and proofreading data and information for reporting and fundraising applications
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated self-starter with the ability to work professionally as part of a small team as well as having the initiative and confidence to manage their own responsibilities.
The three key characteristics are:
- A diligent approach to the responsibilities of the role with a keen eye for detail
- An exacting standard for all communications whether verbal, written or on social media channels
- Ability to work across the varying responsibilities of the role with efficient time management
- Experience of managing a busy admin workload
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes or Google G Suite
- Experience of basic bookkeeping processes
- Basic editing skills in photo manipulation software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Experience developing, planning and managing online content
- Experience of working with WordPress websites and other CMS
- Experience delivering social media communication campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a professional context
- Experience of working on cultural projects or events
- Knowledge of and an interest in the countryside and issues affecting rural communities
- Experience in Xero bookkeeping software
- Ability to work from home
- Ability to work flexible hours (some aspects of Bothy Project’s Public Programme may take place in the evening)
- A willingness to travel throughout Scotland to meet Bothy Project’s partners and Bothy Stores’ clients
- Clean driving licence
- Enthusiastic problem solver
- Undertake any other related duties as may reasonably be required
What we offer:
- Auto-enrolment to a pension scheme
- Paid holiday entitlement, pro-rata
- A computer will be provided
- Business phone-calls will be reimbursed.
- The role has the potential to be a hybrid role, using our office in Glasgow.
The role has the potential to be a hybrid role, using our office in Glasgow. We anticipate keeping set hours so there can be regular meetings with colleagues in Bothy Project and Bothy Stores.
Bothy Project is committed to diversity and creating opportunities open to people who are under-represented. Prior to your application, should you wish to discuss any aspect of the role or need any more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or to arrange phone conversation or virtual meeting.
How to apply: If you are interested in this role, have the required skills and experience and think this job is suitable for you, you should apply by submitting:
- A statement, no more than 1 page of A4, outlining your interest in and suitability for the post, including relevant experience, referring to the points in this job spec.
- A current CV, including names and contact details of two referees
- Please complete an equalities monitoring form here
- Apply by e-mail before 12 midnight, Sunday 4 September 2022 marked “Admin & Marketing Co-ordinator Application’’ to email@example.com
- Interviews will be held in Glasgow on Thursday 8 September 2022
- The successful candidate will be in post in early October 2022.
BOTHY PROJECT is based in Glasgow, but works across Scotland.
Telephone: +44 (0)777 97 15 87
Scottish Charity Reg. SC048109
Company Registration No. SC563706
BOTHY STORES is based in Fife, but works across the UK
Company Registration No. SC393903