Bothy Project is delighted to announce partnership with VAS which will offer a Visual Arts Scotland member the opportunity to spend a week long residency at Sweeney’s Bothy, Isle of Eigg.
The residency will take place from the 19th – 26th March 2021* and includes:
- Accommodation for 7 nights at Sweeney’s Bothy
- VAS are hoping to offer an honorarium fee, dependent on funding. This will be confirmed in early 2020.
- There is no expectation for the selected artist to create a body of work while on residency, but rather the week offers space to be able to reflect on practice and engage with the environment of the island.
- VAS would like the successful applicant to undertake a VAS Instagram takeover for the week of the residency, and later report on their experience and its impact on their practice either through writing a blog, or by participating in an online discussion facilitated by VAS.
- Applicants can work within any discipline of creative practice but must be a VAS member at both time of application and time of residency.
Deadline: Wednesday 13th January 2021 with selection taking place at the end of January 2021. The selection panel will consist of members of the VAS committee and a member of Bothy Project staff.
Full information here
*Dependent on government guidelines March 2021