Bothy Project, partnering with the Cairngorms National Park Authority are seeking an Arts Practitioner based within the Cairngorms National Park to undertake a residency and produce new work. The Residency is part of Heritage Horizons: Cairngorms 2030’s Community Arts & Culture project.
Al Smith, Outdoor Learning and Engagement Manager at the Cairngorms National Park Authority has noted: “The creative arts are a rich source for innovative and imaginative solutions to the central issues being addressed by Heritage Horizons; climate, biodiversity and health.”
Applications are welcome from practitioners in visual arts, craft & design, music, literature and performance, who are based in the Cairngorms National Park. Applicants are invited to propose projects that capture a sense of place and belonging in the communities and landscapes of the Park.
Residency time this autumn at Inshriach Bothy will allow the artist to plan, make new work and connect and meet with some of the varied communities in the Park. The project will conclude with a public event in early spring 2023 where the artist will share their work and experiences with those who live in and visit the area.
The successful applicant will receive two-weeks’ research time and accommodation at Bothy Project’s Inshriach Bothy, a fee of £1,200, a production budget of £750 and support with travel costs. Local support will be provided by the Cairngorms National Park Authority team and professional development support from Bothy Project.
To apply please use the online form to supply the following:
- address and telephone number
- email and website address
- A short statement about your practice (500 words)
- A proposal for the project you wish to undertake (500 words)
- A a single PDF containing your CV (two pages) and up to 10 supporting images, with captions. To submit sound or moving image material, please supply live links, with captions.
- Please also ensure you have read details about Inshriach Bothy and acknowledge the bothy’s particular facilities.
- Please also complete the Equal Opportunities form here – noting that this opportunity is a Partnership Residency.
- 2 Oct 2022, 11.59pm. Deadline (deadline Extended)
- End of Sept 2022 Successful applicant notified
- Oct, Nov, Dec 2022 Residency (2 x one-week slots)
- March 2023 Public Event
Further information about the Bothy Project may be found here and Inshriach Bothy here
Image: Inshriach Bothy from above, courtesy of Graham Niven.