The Inshriach Estate was originally called South Kinrara and belonged to the Mackintosh of Mackintosh. It extended to over 5300 acres stretching up into the Cairngorms. In 1905 the estate was bought by the Black family who built the current house. Inshriach Estate now consists of 200 acres of natural woodland and pasture bordered on the north side by the river Spey, and to the south by the Inshriach Forest and the foothills of the Cairngorms.
THINGS TO DO
Old Bridge Inn is great for food and ales. It’s just beside the river on the south side of Aviemore; 3 minutes walk from the train station.
Tea and cake -Inshriach Nursery just beside Inshriach Eastate.
Swimming pool – Macdonald Aviemore Resort – Spey Valley Leisure Arena.
Bike Hire – Bothy bikes, Coylumbridge