Waldeinsamkeit- Noun, German (f) 1. Woodland solitude (The feeling of being alone in the woods). Etymology: Wald – woods/forest + Einsamkeit – solitude/ lonesomeness
Listening, looking, living, reading, writing and making as modes of conscious perception.
The work and rhythm of daily life.
The charged values of light, heat, water.
Listening as a way of seeing. Listening as readiness.
Stillness as invisibility.
The fear of being lost. The fear of being found.
The practice of familiarising a terrain.
The dialectics of inside/outside and vertical/ horizontal.
Knowing through inhabiting.
- Inshriach Bothy
- Self-Directed Residencies 2019-2020: SOFIE LEENEN, ANNIE LORD, LAURA DAVIDSON, MARI LAGERQUIST
- THIS WAY: William Grant Foundation Residency, 2019
- VICTORIA BEESLEY: William Grant Foundation Residency, 2019
- Royal Scottish Academy, Residencies for Scotland - Bruce Shaw 2019
- LUCY WAYMAN: Bothy Project x TOAST Residency, 2019
- search the blog